Tieto committed to digitalization and technology innovation – ranked as a top 100 Global Tech Leader by Thomson Reuters
The results are based on a 28-factor algorithm that measures performance across eight aspects: financial, management and investor confidence, risk and resilience, legal compliance, innovation, people and social responsibility, environmental impact and reputation.
This recognition reaches Tieto at a point where the company’s past few years’ focus and investments on technologies and new services such as Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, Cloud and Digital Customer Experience have started to materialize at an increasing pace. In 2017 Tieto engaged, for example, in the following innovative projects:
- Virtual forest solutions with MetsäGroup to support landowners and forest companies in optimizing care for the Finnish national asset
- Artificial intelligence pilot with City of Espoo in Finland to prevent social exclusion of young people
- Digital solutions and tools for Nacka community in Sweden, to e.g. allow elderly people stay longer at home with help of digital and cognitive assistance
- Tieto Intelligent wellbeing solution, an AI-based data-driven product family for healthcare and social care
- Empathic building; using combination of IoT, sensor technology and data-driven analytics, the building knows how to support the people and business within
- Alicia T – experiment in human-machine interaction in decision-making
- Blockchain pilot program in the Nordics, introducing a global identity network for secure digital interactions
“Today’s data-rich world is full of innovation opportunities, and it is for all of us to take advantage of. As we at Tieto want to become our customers’ first choice for their business renewal, we strive to be at the forefront of the development in technology and changing business models. As result of the work of our global team of 14 000 colleagues we have accelerated our own pace of change during the past years and are stepping into the future with great excitement. As identified also in this analysis by Thomson Reuters, technology companies need to address multiple success factors, and we are proud and inspired that our focus and progress is now recognized on a global level”, comments Kimmo Alkio, President and CEO, Tieto.
Visit http://tr.com/top100tech to access the full report and view the complete list of 2018 Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global Technology Leaders. Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading source of news and information for professional markets.